Zakaria Islamic Academy
In Ramadaan 2014, Zakaria Islamic Academy (ZIA) purchased 9.5 acres of land for masjid for $650,000 in South Riding/Aldie. Alhamdulillah, in Ramadaan 2015 we FULLY PAID OFF the entire property. Property is completely flat land with no trees, approved for Church by Loudoun County, and has a 1800 sqft single family house. Five daily Salaat, daily Quran education, Sunday evening Quran Tafseer & kids story telling program have started. Our next goal is to increase the size and capacity of existing facility to accommodate 150 worshippers. Estimated cost $150,000. See pictures of property below.
- To organize religious, educational and charitable activities and to establish, promote, maintain and safeguard a religious institution (Masjid) subscribing to the laws and principles of Islam, as set forth by the Qur’an and Sunnah.
- To promote achievement by providing continuing education opportunities for individuals through classroom instruction, seminars (Ijtema), teaching and learning of
- Daily 5 Times Salaah
- Daily Taleemul Quran program (Monday to Friday)
- Eid prayers serving over 500 people
- Two Jumaa salaats conducted at Aldie and Chantilly serving 300 people.
- Ramadaan Taraweeh salaat at two different locations
- Weekly Dulles Area Masjids visitation program and mashwaraah.
Updates & Activities
- In Ramadaan 2014, Zakaria Islamic Academy signed an agreement to purchase 9.5 acres of land for Masjid at 26243 Gum Spring Rd Chantilly VA20152. Total cost of land is $650,000 and has been PAID OFF in full recently in July 2015. Completely flat land with no trees and approved for Church by Loudoun County.